Small Business Resources
Focused on the big needs of small businesses
The challenges of managing human resources are disproportionate to the size of most small-business HR departments. That’s why Abdo has a team of HR advisors specializing in the unique challenges you face, freeing you to focus on what you love about being a small business owner.
In a small business, everyone wears several hats. Abdo has created tools and resources to help the individuals tasked with HR responsibilities to operate successfully and legally, all designed especially for a company your size.
Recruiting Resource Toolkit
Having the right people in the right positions can help spark confidence in your team and create a path toward success for your business. Our Recruiting Toolkit for small businesses gives you the resources and support to attract and hire the best people for your team. Toolkit includes:
- Over 35 downloadable and customizable documents designed to help you effectively recruit, interview, hire and onboard the best talent
- Proven and compliant templates, forms, and examples to start the hiring process right away
- One 2–3 hour personalized consulting session with your staff to understand the Toolkit and how to use it
- The Recruiting Toolkit starts at $1,200, with additional levels of continuous support available depending on your specific needs
Employee Handbook Workshop
An employee handbook can protect your company against costly lawsuits plus communicate important policies and expectations to employees. However, it can be time-consuming to develop and not the best use of a small business owner’s time.
Abdo will guide you through a short workshop designed to help small businesses develop the tools and resources needed to present your employees with a thoughtful, effective, and compliant employee handbook at a reasonable cost. Workshop includes:
- Customized and compliant Minnesota employee handbook template to jump-start your handbook development
- A two-part, small-group workshop with group handbook training as well as one-on-one guidance from an Abdo HR expert
- Depending on the level of customization desired, attendees prepared to make policy decisions during the workshop will leave with a functional employee handbook that is ready to implement
- Even if attendees are not prepared to make specific policy decisions during the workshop, they will leave with a handbook draft and a list of priority areas to discuss with key decisionmakers, all at less than half of the cost of our traditional handbook development services
A behind-the-numbers view of best practices and holistic thinking.
If your nonprofit is hosting a fundraising event this year, you’ll want to think carefully about the activities you’ll include on the agenda: The Minnesota Department of Revenue’s (MNDOR’s) nonprofit fundraising sales tax exemption does NOT apply when gambling takes place at an event.
In addition to helping to reduce health care costs, a Health Savings Account can positively affect an estate plan because its funds grow on a tax-deferred basis, potentially building wealth for heirs.