Upcoming Event, Webinar
2023 Minnesota Employment Legislation Updates
for Public Sector Employers
Held live on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 | 9:00am – 11:30am
Understand, Prepare and Take Action to Make Sure Your City, County or School is Compliant
The 2023 Minnesota legislative session wrapped up last May with the passage of some of the broadest and most sweeping employment-related regulations in decades, with mandates involving everything from employee paid leaves, to drug testing changes, to the public employer salary cap elimination. Some of these new regulations have already taken effect and demand action from every single Minnesota employer – including the public sector.
Abdo’s HR Advisors and public employment attorneys from Quinlivan & Hughes law firm have partnered to provide Minnesota cities, counties, and public school districts with the public employer specific information affecting your workforce. During this webinar, we broke down each major area of legislation, rose critical employer decision points, and provided clear next steps to help you prepare for and comply with the changes, including:
- Elimination of Minnesota Public Employee Salary Cap – Effective May 25, 2023
- Revised PELRA Bargaining Terms – Effective July 1, 2023
- Duty Disability Related to PTSD – Effective July 1, 2023
- Marijuana & Drug Testing Policy Changes – Effective August 1, 2023
- Minnesota Employee Safe & Sick Leave (ESSL) – Effective January 1, 2024
- Minnesota Paid Family & Medical Leave – Effective January 1, 2026
Key leaders and decision makers, including Finance Directors, City Administrators/Managers, and Human Resource professionals who attended this session left with:
- Clarity related to the specific impacts of each regulation and how they apply to your unique public organization.
- Prioritization of the most critical and time sensitive compliance decisions so you can focus on “first things first.”
- Identification of your key internal systems, policies, and practices that will require review, updates, and/or development.
- Proactive awareness of operational challenges, barriers, or risks that you’ll likely be faced with related to compliance.
This session has already been held, but you can access a recording of the session and download the slide deck using the link below.