Brad specializes in helping schools and local governments improve their processes and serve their communities.
Brad is an accomplished auditor and accountant, always looking for ways to empower his clients by providing a clear path forward through challenges. Since joining the firm in 1998, he has overseen a range of audit engagements—including municipal, fire relief, and school districts—throughout Minnesota. He proactively shares his deep knowledge of the industry with his clients by conducting regular seminars on audit preparation and GASB statement implementation.
Previously, Brad spent two years working with the Minnesota Office of the Legislative Auditor. Having a firsthand look at how governments operate has helped Brad bring relevant, thoughtful solutions to his governmental clients throughout Minnesota. He is also experienced in government utility rate studies and audits under Uniform Guidance.
Away from the office, Brad participates in the occasional marathon or Ragnar relay, and enjoys spending time with his family and working on projects in the yard.
What would you be doing if you weren’t an accountant?
Own a resort in northern Minnesota
What do you like to do in your free time?
Create projects around the house
What was your first job growing up?
I worked as a stocker, cashier and in the produce department for the Hy-Vee Grocery Store in Owatonna.
Each year I help to organize an Abdo team for the Ragnar Road Minnesota overnight relay race – 200 miles from Saint Paul to Duluth in a 2-day relay-style running event. In 2021 our team took third place!
- Financial management services including long-term planning and rate studies
- Schools and Independent School Districts
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Winona State University
- Minor in Economics
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Continuing professional education as required by AICPA and Government Accountability Office
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials