With a passion for finding creative solutions, Tom specializes in both the government and mutual insurance industries.
Tom is a seasoned golfer. When he’s not developing a strategy for coming in under par, he’s working on creative solutions to help local governments improve best practices.
Since joining the firm in 1995, Tom has overseen municipal, fire relief, and school district audit engagements for cities throughout Minnesota. He is also well versed in Uniform Guidance and nonprofit audits. To keep his clients up to date with the latest tax laws and regulations, he routinely conducts seminars on audit preparation and GASB statement implementation.
Outside of being in the office or on the fairway, Tom enjoys spending time with his family and rooting for the Minnesota Twins.
What do you like to do in your free time?
Even though I enjoy attending Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Lynx games, I’m my daughter’s biggest fan! I love supporting her tennis and basketball activities.
Who has been the biggest influence in your life and why?
My father always kept a positive attitude and would always bring a smile to everyone he met. He also taught me the value of hard work.
What’s your favorite part about being an accountant?
The favorite part of being an accountant is developing relationships with our clients and our staff. Knowing you have made a difference in someone’s professional life is very rewarding.
Love spending time with my family at sporting events, anything outdoors or just enjoying a good meal.
- Financial management services including long-term planning and rate studies
- Nonprofit – Fire Relief Associations
- Other Industries – Mutual Insurance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Continuing professional education
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association