Scott helps family-owned and closely-held businesses stay ahead of the curve.
A longtime CPA, Scott understands how a relevant, well-thought-out approach can benefit his clients. He believes in being prepared for managing change in a business and knows that a solution that worked five years—or five months—ago may no longer make sense.
Helping family-owned and closely held businesses envision a clear path to their goals has been central to Scott’s practice for more than 40 years. Beyond tax preparation and financial reporting, he guides clients in a variety of industries overcome issues such as cash flow management, financing and budgeting, and tax, succession and estate planning.
Scott’s expertise has made a difference for his community, too. In addition to serving on his church’s finance council, he is a former city planning commissioner and a past chairman of the Minnesota Society of CPAs’ Financial Reporting Committee.
Scott enjoys fishing in Minnesota and Canada, as well as traveling to warm locales with his wife.
What would you be doing if you weren’t an accountant?
It’d likely be an engineer. I like to understand how things work, how they are made and how to work better.
What do you like to do in your free time?
Fishing – particularly bass fishing. I also enjoy reading and traveling.
What’s your favorite part about being an accountant?
I feel fulfilled in my work by helping and empowering others, like solving challenging client issues or just putting them at ease.
A good day fishing
- Business Consultation and Improvement
- Succession planning, mergers and acquisitions
- Real Estate and Construction
- Community Banking
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, St. Cloud State University
- Continuing professional education as required by AICPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman of Financial Reporting Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Stephens Church – Trustee, Member – Finance Council
- Team Bass Fishing Club – President