Scott helps his clients gain a deeper understanding of their business and its value, enabling them to feel confidence in each step they take.
Whether it’s driving cross-country with his family or finding the right solution for a client, Scott is always prepared to go the extra mile.
Prior to joining the firm in 2001, Scott practiced as a CPA in New Ulm, Minnesota, and also held positions within the private sector. This experience led him to discover his passion for helping business leaders understand the value of their business. Now, as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA), he serves as Abdo’s business valuation expert.
Scott also provides tax, consulting and auditing services for individuals and businesses throughout Minnesota. He volunteers his time with Boy Scouts, the South Central College Foundation, and various other organizations.
When he’s not on a road trip, Scott likes to spend his free time fishing or hunting. He lives in North Mankato with his wife and two children.
What would you be doing if you weren’t an accountant?
A teacher and a coach.
What do you like to do in your free time?
Spending time at our cabin in northern Minnesota, fishing and hunting, and traveling with the family.
What was your first job growing up?
I delivered the weekly paper in my hometown. I earned $2.00 per week for delivering 50 papers.
On a recent fishing trip
- Business Valuation
- M&A Advisory
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Corporate Finance, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Graduate of the Mankato Area Leadership Program
- Continuing professional education as required by NACVA and the Minnesota Board of Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)