Bonnie finds joy in helping local governments navigate the road ahead by sparking creative solutions and developing strategic direction.
Bonnie Schwieger is an enthusiast of all things accounting. She has a passion for creating Excel spreadsheets and takes immense satisfaction in finding creative solutions for her clients. Bonnie joined the firm in 2012 after graduating from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Bonnie’s expertise lies primarily in the governmental sector. She has extensive experience auditing local governments and schools in Minnesota. Additionally, she offers valuable assistance to cities in long-term financial planning.
At Abdo, Bonnie is an active participant in several committees. She is a member of the GASB standard implementation committee and the governmental audit training committee. Bonnie’s depth of knowledge and her passion for her field have led her to be a speaker at several professional events and conferences, addressing a variety of governmental accounting topics.
Outside of her professional life, Bonnie is an adventurer at heart. She enjoys hiking, kayaking, and hunting for treasures in thrift shops.
What was your first job growing up?
Culver’s Restaurant – professional custard maker and Butter Burger flipper
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
What’s your favorite part about being an accountant?
Helping our clients succeed and thrive – and creating fun Excel spreadsheets!
This photo was taken on my wedding day to my longtime partner, Alex, with our daughter Faye.
- Tax Increment Financing
- Governmental Accounting Standards
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minnesota State University – Mankato
- Associate of Arts in Accounting, South Central College – Mankato
- Continuing professional education as required by the AICPA and U.S. Government Accountability Office
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants