Chris helps her clients confidently navigate tricky tax laws and complex regulatory challenges.
Chris is a dedicated gardener. Each spring, she carefully plants rows of tomatoes, peppers, and jalapeños—key ingredients for her legendary salsa. But Chris’ green thumb isn’t confined to the garden: she helps her clients grow, too.
Since joining Abdo in 1997, Chris has focused her practice on accounting, consulting and tax solutions for businesses. As a partner, she helps clients tend to issues year-round, not just in tax season. She specializes in weeding out software, tax, cash flow, management, and planning issues.
Above all else, Chris sees herself as a member of her clients’ organizations. “It’s never ‘I’ or ‘you,’” she says. “When I think of my clients, it’s always ‘we.’”
When she’s not wielding her green thumb in the office or garden, Chris volunteers her time to local charities and enjoys boating and weekend breakfasts with her family. She resides in the Mankato area with her husband and four children.
What is your favorite Abdo memory?
My first partner meeting. Due to a prior commitment, I arrived four hours later than the rest of the group. I opened the door for the meeting and was greeted by applause from the other partners. It was a great feeling of accomplishment and knew I was at the right firm for the remainder of my career.
What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
The most rewarding is helping a business owner make decisions that will positively impact their business and ultimately their personal life.
What advice would you give to someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
A career in public accounting is very rewarding. Working with multiple business owners, learning from each of them and using what you have learned with other businesses is gratifying.
What is your favorite quote?
“Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you will still be among the stars.” – Les Brown
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Minor in Business Administration, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Continuing professional education as required by AICPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Greater Mankato Growth Public Affairs Steering Committee
- Member of Minnesota Chamber Tax and Fiscal Policy Committee
- Former Board Chair and Member of Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota
- Former Board Chair and Member for the Greater Mankato Area United Way
- Former Chair Person for Le Center Planning and Zoning