Andy helps local governments serve their communities more efficiently through auditing and consulting services.
During his more than 27 years at Abdo, Andy has overseen audits for a wide range of cities, schools, and organizations. His expertise is focused in leading the audit process for cities, school districts, counties and other local governments under government auditing standards and Uniform Guidance. He enjoys collaborating with a the people and organizations he advises, and finds it rewarding to help others make the most of the time they spend at work.
Andy stays current on issues affecting his clients by staying involved in several industry organizations. He participates on the special review committee for the Government Finance Officers Association. This committee reviews reports for acceptance into the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting program.
What would you be doing if you weren’t an accountant?
If I wasn’t an accountant, I would be doing something that would get me outside in nature.
What do you like to do in your free time?
When I’m not working, I like spending time with my family in Northern Minnesota at the cabin. You can find us out on the lake or in the woods participating in many outdoor activities such as fishing, boating, hiking and hunting.
What’s your favorite part about being an accountant?
My favorite part about being an accountant is the satisfaction I feel helping the people I serve. It is really fun and rewarding to guide them through their challenges and work together to find strategic solutions to any problems they may encounter.
One of my favorite ways to spend free time is at the lake with my family.
- Local Governments
- Consulting with local governments including financial management plans and rate studies
- Gustavus Adolphus College, B.S. in Accounting, cum laude
- Continuing professional education
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Minnesota Government Finance Officers Association
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials
- Government Finance Officers Association