Wendy gives her clients peace of mind amid the notoriously complicated regulatory environment.
Wendy is a voracious reader. In fact, she devours almost an entire novel each week. For her, reading is a way to relax—turning the pages sets her mind at ease. As a partner, she seeks to give her clients the same peace of mind by guiding them through the notoriously complicated regulatory environment.
Since joining the firm in 2006, Wendy has focused on auditing small to mid-size businesses. More recently, she has devoted much of her practice to advising mutual insurance companies as well. Her work involves everything from ensuring her clients’ regulatory filings are in compliance to helping them adhere to strict financial regulations.
Wendy also specializes in employee benefit plan audits. She holds the Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certification from the AICPA and is licensed as a CPA in both Iowa and Minnesota.
In addition to reading, Wendy counts kayaking as one of her favorite ways to unwind. She also enjoys cheering on her two athletic sons during their many sporting events.
What would you be doing if you weren’t an accountant?
I would definitely want to be a librarian or work in a bookstore. If not that, I think being a baseball statistician would be super interesting!
What is your favorite quote?
Surround yourself with the DREAMERS and the DOERS; the BELIEVERS and THINKERS; but most of all, surround yourself with THOSE WHO SEE THE GREATNESS WITHIN YOU, even when you don’t see it yourself. – Edmund Lee
What’s your favorite part about being an accountant?
At the end of the day, everything must balance. There is always a solution.
Hiking with my family on Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park
- Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- Mutual Insurance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude
- Graduate of Greater Mankato Growth Leadership Institute (2013)
- Graduate of YWCA Mankato Elizabeth Kearney Women’s Leadership Program (2010)
- Continuing professional education as required by AICPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA)
- Past Chair of the MNCPA Employee Benefit Plan Task Force